I really missed not writing a Share The Love post at the end of June, but I was jetlagged and unhappy about being back in England so, I’m sure you can forgive me.
July seems to have whizzed by and at times I’m left wondering whether it was only last month that we were chilling by lakes in Canada. I got confirmation that I am now the proud owner of a BSc (Hons) first class in Forensic Science, *does a little happy dance*. I’m pretty proud of myself for that one. A couple of weeks after we got back from Canada, we spent a few days in Edinburgh, searching for places to live and Daz got himself a job!
Last Monday, my friends from work threw me a surprise leaving party, which was so sweet and I really didn’t know what to say. I was lost for words. We had a brilliant night, played Cards Against Humanity, and ate some delicious brownies one of my friends made, and it was wonderful. I truly am going to miss them so much; I think I might leak from the eyes on my last shift, which will be terribly undignified because I ugly cry.
I’ve also finally plucked up the courage to begin editing our photos from Canada and I immediately realised I was not strong enough because I WANNA GO BACK RIGHT NOW. I’m not going to lie, I fall in love with a lot of places I visit (for a while I was seriously going to Sweden to do a masters, but money) but Canada is like nothing else; it felt like home straight away and England doesn’t entirely feel like home now.
BLOG – Hopscotch The Globe
This is one of my favourite travel blogs and YouTube channels. Kristen and Siya are an adventuring couple who produce some of the best travel videos and blogs I’ve seen, and what I think makes them even better is how friendly and chilled out they come across. It feels like you’re listening to friends when you watch their videos.
Last year, they brought an Airstream and started renovating it. I’ve been eagerly following their progress videos and they finally revealed their incredibly beautiful and spacious looking Airstream in July. I challenge you to watch it and tell me you don’t want to live in an Airstream right away, because I do. I want to move to Canada, renovate an Airstream and explore Canada, and wake up to new forests and mountain views whenever I fancy it.
- Consumer power won’t save the world, democratic power can – The Sydney Morning Herald | A thought-provoking post about why no matter what we do as individuals, we need the help of our governments to make a change.
- 10 things I’ve learnt from working for myself – The Anna Edit | While we might not all be working for ourselves, I think most bloggers can relate to a few things on here.
- DIY dead sea mud mask for softer, glowing skin – Hello Glow | I’m yet to have the time to try this out myself, but it looks and sounds wonderful.
- Defining your own success – Me & Orla | This is one of the best blog posts I’ve read in a long time. Success means different things to different people, and it’s not about the amount of money you have in your bank account (well, perhaps it is for some people).
- 3 tips for positive vegan advocacy – Not So Quiet Grrl | I feel like I feature one of Nadia’s blog posts in every edition of Share The Love, but I can’t help it. Her blog posts make so much sense, and I sit there reading it going “yes, yes, yes, yes!”
- 12 tips to make travel less stressful – Go Live Explore | If you’re taking a trip some time soon, have a peruse over this post to make your adventures a bit less stressful.
- The environmental impact of music festivals – Moral Fibres | An eye-opening read into the amount of “rubbish” left behind at Glastonbury. It’s clear that something needs to be done to reduce the amount of rubbish produced and things left behind.
July was an amazing month for new music. While Daz is slowly being subjected to a little less Paramore than in June, it’s still popping up in my playlist a lot. Also popping up is new music from:
- Kesha; damn, can we talk about how amazing Rainbow is going to be? She has released three singles off her upcoming album and they are all incredible. Take a listen to them here: Praying | Woman | Learn To Let Go
- LIGHTS; Skydiving is so darn catchy.
- While we’re talking about eagerly anticipating, I couldn’t not mention that SHANIA TWAIN IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM IN SEPTEMBER. I cannot wait. I grew up on her music and I cannot wait to hear Now.
I also got into two podcasts this month:
- Estee Lalonde released the pilot episode of her podcast, The Heart Of It. In the pilot, Estee spoke about protests and I absolutely loved it. I’ve watched her videos for years and her tone of voice is really similar to how she is in her blog and videos, only she gets into important topics.
- I finally got around to watching Anna and Lily’s podcast, At Home With and it was just so easy to sit down and relax to.
All I need to say here is that Game of Thrones is back.
POPULAR POSTS ON GIRL IN AWE
- Anna and the French Kiss tour de Paris
- 10 pieces of Reykjavik’s street art you need to see
- Should I buy food from companies with unethical and cruel parent companies?
- Three ways to begin clothes shopping more ethically on a budget
- Don’t go camping in Canada if…
Now I want to hear about your favourite things from July; send me all the links!